Where the wheels of poetry and prose spin ...

Friday, September 1, 2017

Mars in the Morning (A Prayer) - POEM of the MONTH!



Mars in the Morning (A Prayer)


In the predawn hours
As the first thought rises,
Mars in the morning shines
Onto compromises


The king after God's own heart
Cries "rescue" from an enemy;
And his bright Morning Star
Washes him with new mercy

This soul of mine is betrayed,
Not by how others sin
Or from graying battle lines
But, by my enemy within

Blind in this invisible war
Many times without warning;
Please, protect me from myself,
For I am Mars in the morning

~

Based upon Romans 7:15-19, and references Lamentations 3:22-24 and Revelation 22:16.  

(Venus, the brightest point in the hours of dawn, is known as the goddess of love in Ancient Rome. The Bible references Jesus the Messiah as the bright Morning Star, since GOD is Love. Mars, the red planet, is known as the god of war.)
 

2 comments:

kspeaks said...

This poem speaks to me. It is a wonderful journey walking with God--expressed in words that dance with His spirit of light and hope. Thank you for sharing your many gifts. I've always enjoyed your poetry. So glad we bumped into each other at Cornerstone Fellowship.

Carpe Velo said...

For some reason I either wasn't notified by Blogger of your comment or I just missed it. I happened to be reviewing some old posts and saw your comment. Thank you, and I'm glad you find encouragement from my poetry. Hopeful you're still following and now see I've been writing short stories. God bless!