Where the wheels of poetry and prose spin ...

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Radio Flyer - POEM of the MONTH!

Radio Flyer

I had my Radio Flyer
Filled with every need:
Television and speaker,
Access for the freed

I had my sandals
For the long flight,
And electric candles
To displace the night

I left behind the stagnant,
Imagination in my pack
Any direction but remnants
Of what lies at my back

But the whirlwind
Off in the distance
Stared and grinned
At my lack of guidance

Caught in a swirl of fear
My impetus was lost –
I wrestled with the jeers
And grappled with the cost

In a land without signposts
I forgot the map of the past,
… creating new ghosts –
A thought not in my forecast 

With a tear to the heavens
I empty the Radio Flyer
As it alters my direction
And pulls me from the briar

Now, I no longer pull
But am led by this wagon
As my Radio Flyer is full
And light is my burden


Published in the May 2013 issue of Synchronized Chaos Magazine


2 comments:

mattb said...

finally a poem about what really matters. old wagons.

Carpe Velo said...

Also published in the May 2013 issue of Synchronized Chaos magazine.